Does this sound familiar? You reluctantly decide to attend a networking event with a coworker who backs out at the last minute. The idea of going alone fills you with debilitating anxiety. You dread an upcoming job interview. Giving a presentation at work keeps you awake at night.
For the millions of Americans affected by social anxiety disorder (SAD), it can make them avoid situations that have the potential to lead to positive outcomes. Fortunately, social anxiety can be overcome. In Thriving with Social Anxiety, you’ll get a practical, accessible primer from someone who knows what it’s like to live with social anxiety–and in-the-moment strategies to manage and overcome your anxiety.
Hattie Cooper guides you to reframe negative thoughts, achieve goals, better understand your disorder and–through the process–better understand yourself.Using the strategies in this book as part of your treatment plan, you will learn quick, effective ways to manage your social anxiety and put your most confident self forward in any social situation.
Learn valuable methods for managing your anxiety, with:
- 5, 10, and 30-minute therapeutic strategies
- Sample daily schedules, quick quizzes, and worksheets
- A brief brain-body primer detailing the connection between your thoughts and physical reactions
- Mindfulness activities, including meditation, essential oils, and exercise
- Celebrity tips for coping with social anxiety (including singer Adele and actress Jennifer Lawrence)